Friday, March 2, 2012

To Ummamma.

‎---Dedicated to my late Grandmother----


Time flies and the clocks tick
And soon they all stand on the edge of the brick
Before they fall they say goodbye
And I go back in time thinking,"Why?"


Why have I never done this?
Why couldn't I be that?
I remembered the time when I was small
Thinking hard of who I wanted to be
But my answer then was my answer now
I just wanted to be happy...


So I hope they had lived a happy life
I hope they would be happy in the hereafter
Sure, they may have flown away
But their suffering just makes me sadder


So I'll stand, Although tears stain my cheeks
I'll look far and see my grandmother in white
She's gone now, She's far away
But I'll love her as always
Just like the old times...


I remember your smile
Your shining eyes
When you saw your grandchildren
We were gifted with that
And a hug was presented after that
You may have had days
Where we watched you suffer
Not knowing what to do
I couldn't help but to wonder


What am I to you?
Do I give you as much happiness as you had given me?
Oh, please, don't make me sadder
To God, I plead, Heaven is for her in the hereafter...

No comments:

Post a Comment